Luckily, .NET Micro Framework is open source. So we've built an experimental NETMF SDK installer that works with the latest version of Visual Studio.
I'm happy to announce experimental support for Visual Studio 2013. This also includes special builds of the Netduino and AGENT SDKs.
Disclaimer: Not an official Microsoft SDK installer. For experimentation purposes only.
A few notes
- We will support users on the official SDK (using VS2012) as well as users on the experimental SDK (using VS2013).
- Once the NETMF SDK is updated to support VS2013+ we will discontinue the experimental SDK installer.
- The experimental NETMF installer is identical to the standard installer--but built for VS2013 and not signed.
- Third-party NETMF plug-ins may or may not work with VS2013.
- Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1
- Visual Studio 2013 Professional or better
- Uninstall all .NET MF and Netduino SDKs from your computer.
- Install Visual Studio 2013 Professional or better (if not already installed)
- Install .NET MF SDK v4.3 QFE1 for VS 2013 (experimental, unofficial)
- Install Netduino SDK v4.3.1 for VS 2013 (experimental)
Enjoy the experimental VS2013 support! Please post any feedback here in this post.
And happy holidays!
P.S. Thank you to Jan Kučera for all your tinkering with the .NET MF SDK WiX sources and for your community contributions; you got us started on this update path.
Cross-post: AGENT forums
Edited by Chris Walker, 02 March 2014 - 09:11 AM.
Updated to NETMF 4.3 QFE1 and Netduino 4.3.1 SDK