Cant open project - General Discussion - Netduino Forums

Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Cant open project

open project netduino c#

Best Answer miltonkbenjamin, 20 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

Running now!

Thanks Chris.

Milt

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 miltonkbenjamin

miltonkbenjamin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

I followed the instructions and when I tried to create a new project, I received the following
‘C:UsersMilt3AppDataLocalTempoupvwbv.eketempNetduinoPlusApplication1.csproj cannot be opened."

The project type is not supported by this installation.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Milton K Benjamin
Barkley Group
856-354-7692

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

Hi Milton, A few questions to help diagnose this with you... Did you double-click the project or try to open it from Visual Studio? Are you opening it in the same version of Visual Studio that the .NET Micro Framework SDK is installed into? If you create a new "Netduino Plus 1 Application" project in Visual Studio, do you get the same error? Chris

#3 miltonkbenjamin

miltonkbenjamin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

1:  If I use USB  to connect my netduino to the computer do I also need the power cord and transformer?

2: When I Open a proiject get a New Project popup with

Visual C#

Micro Framework

If I pick Micro Framework from the list on the left and pich Neduino  Application from the list on the right and click OK

This is when I get the message.  Any Ideas

3) If I connect the Netduino to my computer via USB should I be able to see the file system there or Do I also need

the Ethernet cable connected to a router to see the filesystem?

Thanks,

Milt

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

Hi Milt, 1) USB can provide power to your Netduino. No need to connect a power cable. The power connect is just there in case you want to run your Netduino off of wall-power when you put it inside of a project somewhere. 2) It sounds like the SDK (probably the NETMF SDK) installation is corrupt somehow. What version of Visual Studio did you install? What version of .NET Micro Framework SDK? I recommend uninstalling both, rebooting and then reinstalling them both. 3) There is no file system on Netduino. It's a programmable ARM Cortex microchip on a board. If you plug in the Ethernet cable, you can build projects which access the Internet. Chris

#5 miltonkbenjamin

miltonkbenjamin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

1) I installed a 2 GB kingston memory card in the side of the Netduino so there is RW memory now.  Getting a short Ethernet cable.

2) On first try I installde Visual C# 2013 plus the rest of the software.  When I couldn't get thingss working, I uninstalled everything, but not without errors.  Finally, after a few reboots, all installed software disappeared from the Programs and Applications Uninstall window.

I then reinstalled everyting following the instructions religiously (not without a few errors).

I now have

1) Microsoft c# Visual Studio 2103

2) Micro Framework 4.1

3) Netduinosdk.

I repaired each package a few times uninstalling does hot always go smoothly

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Milt

#6 miltonkbenjamin

miltonkbenjamin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:45 AM   Best Answer

Running now!

Thanks Chris.

Milt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.