Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Connecting an analog joystick to a netduino

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:19 AM

Hi,

The netduino project that I'm working on requires an analog joystick and I wrote a driver for it, which I hope the community finds useful (these things are deceptively tricky!):

http://fabienroyer.w...-to-a-netduino/

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#2 Jan Olof

Jan Olof

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:29 AM

Fabien, You say that the 5V rail would work too, but is not the max voltage on the analog inputs 3.3 V ? /Jan Olof

#3 bill.french

bill.french

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

Did you make the joystick part of a voltage divider circuit, or wire it straight up to the analog input?

#4 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

Fabien,

You say that the 5V rail would work too, but is not the max voltage on the analog inputs 3.3 V ?

/Jan Olof

Yup. I should have indicated that a voltage divider would be required in that case. Good catch! I'll fix that.

Cheers,
-Fabien.

#5 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

Did you make the joystick part of a voltage divider circuit, or wire it straight up to the analog input?

I used a straight connection to the analog pins in this case as I was using the v3.3 power rail. So, no need for a voltage divider :)

#6 rchelicopter

rchelicopter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, Ca

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Hello Fabien, I know this is an old post but I just stumbled upon it. I've downloaded your source for the Analog Joystick test but I'm kind of a newb when it comes to C#. What I dont understand is how to use the class, is it possable that you could give me a small example of how to use AnalogInput Xinput and AnalogInput Yinput in a project?

#7 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCrystal River, Florida

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Hello Fabien,
I know this is an old post but I just stumbled upon it. I've downloaded your source for the Analog Joystick test but I'm kind of a newb when it comes to C#. What I dont understand is how to use the class, is it possable that you could give me a small example of how to use AnalogInput Xinput and AnalogInput Yinput in a project?

In case Fabien doesn't see this you can look at a sample that he wrote on CodePlex.com for joysticks. Analog Joystick Sample

Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.