Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Not able to change network settings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SteveS123

SteveS123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:14 PM

I am trying to set my ND+2 to have a static IP.  I have erased all programs so the board is back to its original config.  

I went to MFDeploy and selected USB, the ND+2 shows up and I hit ping.  It says "Pinging...tinyCLR" and that is it.  I know the device has an IP address because I can see it on my network an I'm also able to ping it and if I unplug it then I'm no longer able to ping it.  Just a note, I'm using DOS command prompt to ping the address.

My problem is that I want to change the network config so that the device is static but when I go to "network" settings and change the fields then hit "update" it says, "Unable to erase configuration sector memory".

I've rebooted my machine and have plugged and unplugged my usb plug and reset my switch.

The "Network Configuration" just seems to not be operating correctly.  I have tried this on two boards and get the same results.

I also followed the directions on pressing the onboard button but this just makes the onboard LED stay lit and locks the device up. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

#2 Graham.fry

Graham.fry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

I know it is not the exact answer you are looking for but if I need to use a fixed IP I get my netduino to run this line at the when it boots up.

Microsoft.SPOT.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces()[0].EnableStaticIP("192.168.1.122", "255.255.255.0", "192.168.1.62");

by using this I don't need to configure each device before using I just change the IP I want to change.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.