Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

How big are your assemblies and how much free ram do you run with?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iced98lx

iced98lx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

Like the subject says, looking for assembly size and free ram of a few different projects out of curiosity

My "reefin.net" solution deploys 29484 bytes and Debug.GC(true).ToString() while running returns 99444 at the moment. I've got about 4 threads running, checking temp, setting the lights, responding to web requests etc. One interrupt for low water reading that fires an event.

#2 ziggurat29

ziggurat29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:46 PM

my main current project (which is paid work) deploys at 99430, and the runtime free memory can be as low as about 50k (depends on what features are running), and uses 7 threads.  A major part of the deployed code comes from referenced assemblies; in particular I'm using the regex assembly and its a big one.  Also Ive found that if your ram gets down to about 20k free, the system can become unstable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.