Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Faster Alternative

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mtraskos

mtraskos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

I have an application where I need to examine a 420Hz signal.  With the greatly simplified code I have written, I am able to get 3 sample readings from the analog IO port per half-cycle, but my application needs at least 10 ( a 3x increase).  

Are there any recommendations for similar boards that have a higher clock speed (perhaps > 400MHz)?

-Thanks

-Mike 

#2 NooM

NooM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

no there isnt. but you dont wanna faster processor for this, you just have todo

this native, not managed.

id hook up a cheap attiny or mega to read the signals and than send the results to netduino per spi

or something like that. theres also stm8 that will do well.

#3 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

They also make frequency converter chips.  You can look into using something like that and it will send the raw numeric readings to the Netduino.

#4 mtraskos

mtraskos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Thanks for the replies.  

One thing that I many not have been clear on the application - i don't need to frequency, but the voltage level at 10k Samples/second.

Noom: you mentioned that I should get a " cheap attiny or mega to read the signals" - could you point me to what you are referring (sorry, still a bit of a newbie)?

-Thanks

#5 NooM

NooM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

attiny85 or stm8's - but that needs some c coding. if you dont know that, i wouldnt bother.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.