Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Has anyone implemented Socket.io on a N+2?

Socket.io

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AndrejsM

AndrejsM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

Hi. Has anyone implemented Socket.io on a N+2? Thanks.

#2 ziggurat29

ziggurat29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

'implemented'? as in implemented in the firmware? or 'used'? as in used in your project to do some networking.

If the latter, I have used sockets successfully, and I'm sure tons of other folks have as well.  Thats a lot of the 'Plus' in the Plus 2: the onboard ethernet.

#3 AndrejsM

AndrejsM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Hi. I meant used, sorry. I have used sockets, but I want to use Sockets.io. My web page with forms is hosted remotely. The web client and the N+2 are both local on the same network. If I use regular sockets, the data is coming from the ASP.NET server outside the network, and I have to configure port forwarding and all that mess to get the data to the N+2 inside the network. If I can use Sockets.io, the data will come from the web client and I can go directly to the 192.168.x.x address that the N+2 is at. At least that is how I understand how Sockets.io works.

#4 ziggurat29

ziggurat29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

Oh, my goodness, sorry I completely misunderstood that you were talking about a very different thing.  Pardon my noise!  No, I have not used Sockets.io

#5 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

There are a bunch of threads about them on here.  You can try using the Search Tool.  You can even search for people using COSM as some have used Sockets.

#6 AndrejsM

AndrejsM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion. I have used the search tool and can't find anything. I'm looking for information on the Javascript library Sockets.io specifically, not sockets.

#7 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

Ah yes read it too quickly this morning.  I haven't seen anyone using Sockets.io on the Netduino and very few have used Javascript in general.  I am running jquery scripts on mine using the NeonMika webserver so I am sure it would be possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.