Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Pushing the project out of the board

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 paulo.junior

paulo.junior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

By now I prototype my projects with Arduino. But I develop using c# since 2004 and I can only imagine how it can be easier and more pleasant to work in my diy projects using .net.

Here is my point, we use arduino to prototype, since we finish the wiring and code, and everything looks fine we can build a board with a "compatible arduino" and our components, this way I dont need a board for each project aside other advantages like size and elimination of some wiring.

My quastion is, how hard, if it is possble, is to do the same with netdruino?

If it is possible and someone know a nice tutorial, it will be really nice to share :).

Thank you.

#2 NooM

NooM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

if you can get the boards and solder qfp64 (thats the smallest stm32f4, they are up to 176pins) its relativly easy. just the crystal has to be the same than netduino so it can run netduino firmware.

when you do it yourself you can also use way more pins of the cip.

ive never done one myself.

the schematics are open source also, so you can look there what is used and connected to wich pin.

#3 Nevyn

Nevyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1072 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

Here is my point, we use arduino to prototype, since we finish the wiring and code, and everything looks fine we can build a board with a "compatible arduino" and our components, this way I dont need a board for each project aside other advantages like size and elimination of some wiring.

My quastion is, how hard, if it is possble, is to do the same with netdruino?

Firstly, welcome to the community.

Possibly one of the simplest ways of doing this it to use the Netduino Mini as your development platform.  Whilst this does not have Ethernet on board it has the advantage that you can just solder this directly into your project (or use a socket).

The alternative is to follow Noom's advice and look at building the Netduino into your circuit yourself.  All of the schematics are available on this site.

Hope this helps,

Mark

To be or not to be = 0xFF

Blogging about Netduino, .NET, STM8S and STM32 and generally waffling on about life

Follow @nevynuk on Twitter

#4 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

You will also find depending on your final desired design, that you may be better off designing a shield for the Netduino instead of making a Netduino.  I looked into designing our own version of the Netduino Plus 2 and it simply doesn't make sense cost-wise.  There was no way for the quantity we are looking at to make it for the price that they are sold for,  So instead we are designing a shield and other boards to build our design and simply purchasing the Netduino Plus 2 as our core.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.