Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus 2 w/Latest Release FW not compatible w/Macbook Pro Retina 15"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ncostes

ncostes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

I have no problem downloading and running sofwtare on this 2+ from other PCs, but from the USB 3.0 ports (only type the macbook pro retina has) I can deploy the software to the netduino but then when it starts to run the netduino reboots and VS 2010 express hangs then times out and complains about an error deploying. You can actually see a few cycles in the output window before it reboots.

I've tried powering it just from the USB port and also with an external power supply.

I've only tried it on USB 2.0 ports on the other PCs, and it works fine with those, have not tried on USB 3.0 ports on my desktop PCs.

I also have a Netduino 1 and it has no problems running while connected to this PC.

Both devices have the latest release (non-beta) firmware from this web site and the 4.2 MF.

Thanks

Edit: Note that this is with Windows 7 64-bit booted natively (boot camp) on the macbook, not running in a VM.

Edited by ncostes, 19 February 2013 - 03:25 AM.

#2 cymatic

cymatic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

This is also what myself and my colleague are experiencing. Has anyone found a solution. It would seem it's a USB 3.0 driver related issue. But the question is, is it a bootcamp driver issue (running bootcamp 4 here, wondering if anyone has tried upgrading to bootcamp 5) or is this an issue with the driver the Netduino is using for USB communications (btw how are these implemented on Netduino, sounds like it's not an FTDI chip like Arduino). I had a similar issue trying to communicate with an Arduino board on this macbook pro which was also a USB 3.0 issue, but an updated driver from FTDI did the trick.

#3 cymatic

cymatic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:30 AM

OK so the solution for me was to upgrade to bootcamp 5 drivers and that seems to have fixed the issue. Be forewarned my display drivers boosted my font to 150% for some reason and jacked things, but setting back to 100% fixed it and now the Netduino is working perfectly from both 2010 and 2012.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.