Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

DPWS support

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Martijn

Martijn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Does Netduino Plus 2 have DPWS support? It seems there's something missing from the Socket implementation, or I might be making a mistake. I'm using the stock SimpleServer sample from the netmf 4.2 SDK, but keep getting socket error 10042.

#2 Martijn

Martijn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

anyone?

#3 jrc903

jrc903

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

I am just trying to get the HelloWCFServer example (from netmf 4.2 sdk)to run under the emulator.. I don't get far enough to get a socket error..It starts very slowly then throws exception   Device.Start(ctx);  Anyone have any experience with this?

#4 jrc903

jrc903

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

After reading the previous post, I tried the SimpleServer DPWS example and got the exact same result as Martijn. That is, I got the same socket exception under both the eumlator and the device itself.  I run vs2010 usin admin rights on WIN7.  At any rate, my particlar interest in this board is in getting WCF (like  DPWS) capablily established.  So--far everything else about this board appears to be managable.

#5 jrc903

jrc903

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

To answer my own question. After researching this subject elsewhere, it appears that while these canned programs did  run correctly under 4.1, they no longer are capable of working under the current version  This leaves me (and others) in the postion of needing 4.2 etc for I2C support but having to do without DPWS support. Or reverting, and losing I2C support.

#6 Martijn

Martijn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

I don't think it worked under 4.1; DPWS seems to need UDP Multicast, which (to the best of my knowledge) not implemented yet. 4.3 is rumored to fix this, but I've been unable to test thusfar.

#7 Spiked

Spiked

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:56 PM

Any followup on this?  Jrc903 indicates he saw where the programs ran under 4.1, but martijn says they never could run.

I can say for a fact it dies on 4.3 (10042 Bad protocol option). 

I am wondering, is the UDP Multicast only used for anonymous discovery?  Is there a way to bypass that and get dpws functionality?

Does the gadgeteer implement dpws?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.