Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Communicating with attiny85

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pThomas

pThomas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

I am trying to see if there is a good way to communicate with an attiny85 chip from the Netduino. I know I can do it from the Arduino by using serial, but when I try to use the Netduino's serial I am getting garbage on the tiny's side. I would prefer to use my Netduino plus since ultimately, I would like to use the web service I have for it to drive an RF Transmitter to control a couple different 'stations' that are driven by the attiny. Any thoughts?

#2 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Welcome to the community! You should be able to communicate over the serial without any problems, just make sure you have correct values (baudrate, parity, number of data and stop bits) set on both sides. In case you are using high baudrate, you'd probably need to check the device datasheets for their respective deviations and make sure the error does not exceeds the limits.

#3 2Elemental

2Elemental

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Hi, is it possible to program an attiny85 with a Netduino? If so, how would one go about it?

#4 NooM

NooM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

it may be possible if you write the software for it, that may also involve changing the firmware (becouse of timing and such)

- so yes its possible, but a waste of time, buy a normal programmer, avrisp mkII from atmel is very good and cheap.

btw attiny and netduino: it worked for me. just make sure you set the baudrate the same on both

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.