Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus 2 Problem, and now a NP problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DonFL

DonFL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

Have had my Netduino Plus working fine with no issues. 4.2, etc. Get my NP2, and plug it in last night. I get the usual windows wants to install a driver prompts, work thru it, appears to install driver, and figure I'm good to go. Create a simple hello world program to make sure everything is talking, and..nada. When I try to load the program, VS tells me it can't find the device. And, I now cannot find my Netduino Plus either. Have reinstalled the .netmf framework and the sdk, and tried to move to the MF drivers. No luck. Windows won't install the mf drivers, or winusb drivers, as it seems to not recognize the device. In device manager, I no longer see the netduino, I see "unknown device", and that is the warning I get if I delete that entry and reconnect the netduino, so it seems to point to something with the usb drivers, but not sure where to go from here. I plan to spend some time with it tonite to see if I can figure out what is wrong, but open to any and all suggestions as to next steps to take.

#2 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCrystal River, Florida

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

And, I now cannot find my Netduino Plus either.

Don,

Try selecting Project from the tab at the top, Select program at the bottom of the pulldown menu, then select Micro Framework page.

Change to serial transport then back to USB. Don't know why but it worked for me.

Chuck

Attached Files

#3 DonFL

DonFL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Yup, I've used that trick before. Was one of the things I tried early on. Didn't work for me this time. Seems to be related to the driver being messed up, as VC# doesn't even see the device any longer.

#4 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

Don, Have you tried reboot of the computer, someone else said that worked for them.

#5 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

Hi DonFL, I would follow carb's advice and reboot your computer really quickly. Also please double-check that the drivers are located in the proper folders: C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Drivers\winusb C:\Program Files (x86)\Secret Labs\Netduino SDK\Drivers\mfusb We hardly ever see issues getting the drivers to install and load properly...but if you're having troubles after a reboot we'd be more than happy to try to manually fix the issue. Chris

#6 DonFL

DonFL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

I had rebooted a ton of times. What I hadn't done after several different attempted solutions is simply changed usb ports on my computer. Did that, and the drivers loaded properly, and I'm good to go.

#7 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

I had rebooted a ton of times.

What I hadn't done after several different attempted solutions is simply changed usb ports on my computer.

Did that, and the drivers loaded properly, and I'm good to go.

That was going to be my next guess, glad you got to work.

Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.