Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

LCD for beginners

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PShchegolevatykh

PShchegolevatykh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

Hello guys. Could you suggest me cheap LCD to work with Netduino. Without soldering. Just plug to Netduino or breadboard and play with it. There are a lot of this stuff on eBay. I don't know which one is fully supported.

#2 supra

supra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 17 October 2012 - 12:45 AM

Hello guys. Could you suggest me cheap LCD to work with Netduino. Without soldering. Just plug to Netduino or breadboard and play with it. There are a lot of this stuff on eBay. I don't know which one is fully supported.

Here is link fom ebay:
Mylink

#3 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCrystal River, Florida

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:16 AM

PShchegolevatykh,

I have used the LCD shield made by Adafruit LCD Shield, the one in the link is a white on blue with 2 lines of 16 character. They also have positive and negative RGB LCDs displays. Both are reasonably priced.

In using the shield I used Stefan's .Net Micro Framework Toolbox Toolbox it has a sample to use the Adafruit shield written in both Visual Basic & C#.

The other reason that I would reccommend this shield is that it only uses 2 IO pins (I2C communiction). This leaves most of the other pins for relays, sensors and switch inputs.

Happy shopping,
Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.