Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus Ethernet/IP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 davasquez

davasquez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

Hello¡ Excuse me for my low level to english, im Colombian. Im trying to implant, the Cip protocol for Ethernet/Ip in the Netduino Plus. I have segurity, that is possible(to be convinced). I have that conected the netduino plus with the Cip protocol implanted, with the PLC Controllogix 5000. But I think that is difficult because i dont know how to run an OPC server on the Netduino, which this PLC(Controllogix 5000).If this is not possible. That other product to be, that support Ethernet/IP for can communicate my project?. Netduno plus(with Ethernet/IP and other product that support Ethernet/IP, and thefore to validate my project).Thanks

#2 65tux

65tux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

You will not be able to do OPC very well with Netduino or Arduino. OPC has many different standards. OPC DA (1,2,3) uses Microsoft DCOM library which is very big and old so no support for .NETMF. OPC XML is a possibility but the Netduino does not include an XML parser (again, too big) so that will be hard to do. I do not know what it would take to create an Ethernet/IP driver directly to talk to CIP devices. This will probably be a lot of work to do with any microcontroller unless someone has made a library already. As another idea, I believe the Logix platform can be configured to use Modbus TCP protocol and there is a library available for Netduino to use that.

#3 Eric GORY

Eric GORY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:16 AM

Hi, To implement CIP protocol into your platform, you can purchase an EtherNet/IP protocol stack from the market. Molex proposes an EIP Adapter stack (http://www.molex.com/links/iccc) that will able you to connect a Rockwell CcontrolLogix PLC to your platform running as CIP Explicit Messaging as well as EIP Adapter. I've also enclosed the product data sheet. Regards Eric

Attached Files

#4 davasquez

davasquez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:57 AM

Thanks. But so Im searching a product in the market. That work with Ethernet/Ip, and support C#. Eric how its the funcionality EIP Adapter stack. Can you tell me more of that your product?. Its possible implemented Cip in the Netduino Plus?. Sorry for my english level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.