Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

netdurino does not respond to MFDEPLOY

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tree frog

tree frog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hello, I cannot get netdurino to respond to MFdeploy. It knows the device is there on USB, but will not recieve any data back from it. I can send programs and run them. Hope i do not have a lemon....

#2 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationCrystal River, Florida

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

Tree Frog,

Can you provide a little bigger hint? :unsure:

I cannot get netdurino to respond to MFdeploy. It knows the device is there on USB, but will not recieve any data back from it. I can send programs and run them. Hope i do not have a lemon....

A little more information would make it a lot easier to help.

Type card (Netduino Plus), What you are trying to do with MFdeploy (set IP , download firmware etc.).

A screen shot helps a lot that shows any errors, MFdeploy configuration or setup etc.

If the Netduino is loading software and working the Netduino is most likely okay.

Are you using "MFDeploy.exe" or "MFDeploy.exe.config". You want to use MFDeploy.EXE

Chuck
Go Gators :P

#3 tree frog

tree frog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

Hello, Ok a few details, i am using netduino classic. I am using the '.exe version'. When i try and get device capabilities on USB it just locks up... It knows that the netduino is there as it is selectable. I need to know what version numbers are etc to see if i need to reflash the machine. I do not want to clear the netduino as i may not be able to reflash it as i can write code right now.

#4 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:21 AM

Run MFDeploy
Select Device -> USB, should show Netduino_Netduino
Press ping, should show Pinging... TinyCLR
Select Target -> Device Capabilities, it should show something like the attached JPeg.

Chuck

Attached Files

#5 tree frog

tree frog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:54 AM

Run MFDeploy
Select Device -> USB, should show Netduino_Netduino
Press ping, should show Pinging... TinyCLR
Select Target -> Device Capabilities, it should show something like the attached JPeg.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck for your assistance here.

I wish i could see that, it locks the computer up before it gets to that point..
Perhaps because it is not gettitng any data back from the Netdurino.
Can you tell me the version of MFDeploy you have there, perhaps the version i have is bugged ????
I need to get this sorted out in case i need to return the Netdurino, i only got it 3 days ago.

#6 carb

carb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:57 AM

Tree Frog, MFDeploy hung on me the first time, but I had looked at several other things in configuration first. I unplugged and reconnected the USB. Pinged and then checked capabilities. Attached in the about screen for MFDeploy. Chuck

Attached Files

#7 tree frog

tree frog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:18 AM

Tree Frog,

MFDeploy hung on me the first time, but I had looked at several other things in configuration first. I unplugged and reconnected the USB. Pinged and then checked capabilities.

Attached in the about screen for MFDeploy.
Chuck

I tried it again a few times, then it worked, something not right there, needs looking at....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.