Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

NwaZet Classes Require a .PE file?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Billy Propes

Billy Propes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationVincent, OH, USA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hello, I guess this question would be for either Chris or Fabian. I am new to the NetduinoGo, and even the Netduino framework in general. I got my NetduinoGo in the other day with the Pot, Button, RGBLED, ShieldBase, Touchscreen, and Relay modules. I have gotten the Pot, RGBLED, and Button modules to work without any issues at all. I have not tried much with the ShieldBase module yet, since it is still in Beta, but plan on doing so shortly. My problems are arising when I try to use the Relay and Touchscreen modules. I have added references to the following files to my project and imported them (in VB.NET): Nwazet.Go.Core Nwazet.Go.STD028ATFTLCDTS Nwazet.Go.Relay When I try to run the program (even without trying to use anything out of these assemblies), it tells me that it needs the following files and can not locate them: %DLLFileLocation%\LE\Nwazet.Go.Core.pe %DLLFileLocation%\LE\Nwazet.Go.STD028ATFTLCDTS.pe %DLLFileLocation%\LE\Nwazet.Go.Relay.pe (%DLLFileLocation% refers to the location of the imported DLL file on my system) I have noticed that the Pot, Button, and RBGLED DLL files all come with these files. However, nothing from the Nwazet namespace does. I downloaded the DLL files from the following website: http://wiki.netduino...GO-Modules.ashx I know that the source files can be downloaded and compiled. But, I am unable to do this as I do not have VisualStudio.NET Ultimate. I can't even open solution files with the express edition of VC#.NET. Does anybody know where I can download all of the appropriate files to make the Touchscreen and Relays work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Fabien Royer

Fabien Royer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationRedmond, WA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:51 AM

Hi Billy, I just saw your post and updated the repository accordingly. Download the latest and you'll have everything you need. Sorry about that. Cheers, -Fabien.

#3 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:19 AM

Hi BillyPropes, A quick note about .pe files... .NET Micro Framework shrinks down DLL files to PE files, for deployment to the actual device. When you get a .dll file for .NET MF projects, there should be two subdirectories, 'le' and 'be', which each have a .pe file inside them. A bit more tech info: LE and BE are "little endian" and "big endian", which refer to the order bytes are stored inside microcontrollers. .NET MF will automatically pick the right appropriate .pe file to deploy with your application. BTW, welcome to the Netduino community! Chris

#4 Billy Propes

Billy Propes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationVincent, OH, USA

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:22 AM

Thanks Fabien. Thanks Chris. Haven't tested the Relay yet, but I downloaded new repository and the LCD/TouchScreen seems to be working okay now. Great job guys!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.