Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino vs Plus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ClosedEyesSeeing

ClosedEyesSeeing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:14 PM

I'm interested in learning the micro framework, and I've found been following the Netduino happenings for a little while - just waiting to execute on the purchase. However, with the recent sellout of the public beta, Plus, I was wondering if it would be worth while to wait for the holiday offerings to grab a plus or should I just pick up the base Netduino. I'm very interested in the Networking/lwIP the plus utilizes as well as the built in SD-card reading capabilities. I'm anxious to get into the community, but I'm not sure where I would be better off waiting for the Plus. :) If anyone has any advise/insight they are willing to provide, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ClosedEyesSeeing P.S. Unless someone knows where I can nab a public beta, I'd grab it right now. :)

#2 Eric Burdo

Eric Burdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:37 PM

P.S. Unless someone knows where I can nab a public beta, I'd grab it right now. :)

I don't know of any. I had to hunt around to get mine.

Outside of the SD card and network port... they are the same. Same pins, same .net MF, etc.

If you want to get started now.... then expand later, buy a Netduino now, and get a Plus when they are released to the public. You can take everything you've done on the Netduino, and run it on the Plus.
~ Eric D. Burdo ~ http://brick-labs.com/

Today LED's, tomorrow, the world!!! Well, OK, maybe servos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.