Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Is my netduino broken?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 flipordie

flipordie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:42 PM

Hallo, I unpacked my brand new Netduino plus today and I am having serious problems. First of all I could not get my computer to detect the Netduino. I tried flashing the tinybootloader like in wikitutorial. The current state is as follows: The blue led light is constantly on whenever it is plugged to my laptop. In addition, the green ACT light is on aswell. However, when I press the button the ACT-light goes off for the duration button is pressed down. I can not see the device from my device manager, and there is no response when I plug it to computer. I've tried this on two different laptops and the result is the same. The cable is functioning properly. Starting to wonder if the device is broken. Any suggestions? Responses are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Best regards, fod

#2 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

Not sure what the original issue was. Did you install the USB drivers for the Netduino? That may have been the original problem.

By resetting you have now wiped the board. There is no Bootloader or Firmware on it.

Depending what Version you are going to put back on the board, you need to install the appropriate drivers, NETMF and then follow the below tutorials to flash the Bootloader and the Firmware.

First, start flashing the tinybootloader according to this tutorial:
http://wiki.netduino...ep-by-step.ashx

Second, flash the firmware:
http://wiki.netduino...ep-by-step.ashx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.