Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

ADC TO WINDOWS FORM HELP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dudesz

dudesz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:48 PM

Hi everyone I just got my Netduino for my school project and I need help with using its ADC feature. I have a varying analog voltage(0-5V) and wanted to read it digitally and send it to windows form application. Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for my bad english.

#2 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

Take a look at this article NetDuino - Getting Started with ADC.

In order to get your info from Netduino to Windows you will need an FTDI board or FTDI cable and communicate over serial port. There are several topics on here regarding FTDI.

#3 dudesz

dudesz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:05 AM

Take a look at this article NetDuino - Getting Started with ADC.

In order to get your info from Netduino to Windows you will need an FTDI board or FTDI cable and communicate over serial port. There are several topics on here regarding FTDI.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick reply. the data produced by this sample program is printed in the debug window, is there a way to put these value into a variable and then use that variable in the windows form application?

Sorry to bug you with these noob questions, I'm just new to this Netduino programming.
PS. I already have a FTDI cable, I just dont know how to communicate over serial port.

#4 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:11 AM

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick reply. the data produced by this sample program is printed in the debug window, is there a way to put these value into a variable and then use that variable in the windows form application?

Sorry to bug you with these noob questions, I'm just new to this Netduino programming.
PS. I already have a FTDI cable, I just dont know how to communicate over serial port.

It's easy to put the value into a variable, however to get it to a windows program you are going to need to write serial communication code both for the Netduino and the Windows application so they can communicate back and forth. This Thread has some serial communication code that I posted today to help someone else. It is rough code and needs to be cleaned up to be used.

#5 dudesz

dudesz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

It's easy to put the value into a variable, however to get it to a windows program you are going to need to write serial communication code both for the Netduino and the Windows application so they can communicate back and forth. This Thread has some serial communication code that I posted today to help someone else. It is rough code and needs to be cleaned up to be used.

It is rough code but it still give me some ideas. I finally got my program working now, Thank you so much for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.