Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino with embedded wifi... That is what I want...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 samjones

samjones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:34 AM

Netduino + really rocks because the embedded net makes networking presto chango easy. Nothing to mess around with, it just works (except for dhcp, but that is another thread). Now to actually use this puppy in my life, it has to be wifi... Right now, I am stuck with this: http://www.ghielectr...log/product/263 (Note, I have not actually made this work yet, dorked around with it for half an hour and shelved it for now.) It would be SO SMOKIN to have wifi on the board, embedded so it "just works" with the high level NETMF networking code. My $0.02 for the day

#2 JerseyTechGuy

JerseyTechGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

Netduino + really rocks because the embedded net makes networking presto chango easy. Nothing to mess around with, it just works (except for dhcp, but that is another thread).

Now to actually use this puppy in my life, it has to be wifi...

Right now, I am stuck with this:
http://www.ghielectr...log/product/263

(Note, I have not actually made this work yet, dorked around with it for half an hour and shelved it for now.)

It would be SO SMOKIN to have wifi on the board, embedded so it "just works" with the high level NETMF networking code.

My $0.02 for the day

Check this thread about Wifi for Netduino

#3 samjones

samjones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

@ dvanderwekke Thanks! Sounds like the wifly is the way to go, is that the right interpretation? Can I use regular NETMF networking calls, like HttpWebRequest ? (I just need to do HTTP GET calls out to a server) Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.