Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

.NetMF API... application?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ryder

Ryder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:29 AM

Hi all, When you go to the .NetMF API and look through the command set (objects?)... How can one tell which ones apply to (will work with) Netduino? I'd hate to spend a week trying to get something from the API to work with my 'duino, without the slightest chance of success. Thanks!

#2 Stefan

Stefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1965 posts
  • LocationBreda, the Netherlands

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

Hi Ryder,

I actually already answerred that a bit in your other topic: http://forums.netdui...l-studio-and-c/ ;)

But if it may help you, open a new netduino project, press and hold the Ctrl key, and press W and C. Then release the Ctrl key. A new window 'Class View' pops up. With this window you can browse through all references that are available at that time.

"Fact that I'm a moderator doesn't make me an expert in things." Stefan, the eternal newb!
My .NETMF projects: .NETMF Toolbox / Gadgeteer Light / Some PCB designs

#3 CW2

CW2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1592 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

I'd hate to spend a week trying to get something from the API to work with my 'duino, without the slightest chance of success.

In addition to what Stefan said, I don't think you'd need to spend a week trying to get something working on Netduino - in general, most of the .NET MF features are supported, except things the Netduino microcontroller does not have (e.g. built-in pull-down resistors, LCD controller etc.) or will not fit into its memory. In such cases, you should get "not supported" exception rather soon : )

For more information have a look at Netduino Technical Specifications, AT91SAM7X512 datasheet (.NET Micro Framework does not fully cover all the hardware features, and there are certain Netduino-specific extensions for I2C, variable SPI etc. already available in the forum), search the Wiki or the Internet - if you can not find anything, then simply ask here :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.