Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Noobie Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JamesT

JamesT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:08 PM

Hello all, I am looking for a device such as this to monitor a local network. When a certain IP address on the local network sends a command or data I would like this device to immediately send a command to another IP address on the LAN. It will require being able to recognize maybe a total of 5 or so IP address and 100 or so input commands and be able to output a couple of IP addresses and 100 or so commands. I am looking for advice on whether the Netduino Plus would be up for the task or if another product would be best suited. I am new to programming so I would ask for recommendations of books/sites to learn how to program it as well. Thanks very much for this boards time, James

#2 Darrin

Darrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:11 AM

Hello all,

I am looking for a device such as this to monitor a local network. When a certain IP address on the local network sends a command or data I would like this device to immediately send a command to another IP address on the LAN. It will require being able to recognize maybe a total of 5 or so IP address and 100 or so input commands and be able to output a couple of IP addresses and 100 or so commands.

I am looking for advice on whether the Netduino Plus would be up for the task or if another product would be best suited.

I am new to programming so I would ask for recommendations of books/sites to learn how to program it as well.

Thanks very much for this boards time,

James

Hi James,

Yes the Netduino Plus could very easily do this. There are a lot of good samples on TCP/IP communication with the N+ on this forum. If you're really new to programming, it may not be an easy first project however.

Good luck!

#3 JamesT

JamesT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:19 PM

Hi James,

Yes the Netduino Plus could very easily do this. There are a lot of good samples on TCP/IP communication with the N+ on this forum. If you're really new to programming, it may not be an easy first project however.

Good luck!

Thank you Darrin for the confirmation. Looks like its time to start learning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.