Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Sample Requests

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MosziNet

MosziNet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:51 PM

Hey everyone, I'm a Netduino enthusiast :) - with knowledge of .net and objective-c - and I would really love to help people by building samples for Netduino. As a first topic I would demonstrate the communication between iOS and Netduino - if that's something interesting for others as well - but please feel free to post requests here and I will try building a sample that fits your request. I must also add that I'm not a big hardware/electronics guy - so more-or-less I would like to focus on the software side of the samples. So please - post your requests, I will try to address them ;) Moszi

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

Thanks, MosziNet. That's very generous of you! Any requests for MosziNet? Chris

#3 JonnyBoats

JonnyBoats

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationPhillips, ME

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:38 PM

Hello Mozsi and welcome to the wonderful world on Netduino!

I am not a Mac person, but I can tell you that having simple routines that allow reliable communication between a microcomputer and a desktop (e.g PC or Mac) is something that virtually everyone struggles with. The key hangup is reliability.

To be useful in the real world communication needs to be resilient; automatically recovering from such things as power failures, cables being unplugged and being plugged in again etc. If that is something you can workout it will be a great service to us all.

I don't know if this helps, but here is a project someone is doing for the Arduino: http://robotgrrl.com...no/matatino.php

#4 MosziNet

MosziNet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

I am not a Mac person, but I can tell you that having simple routines that allow reliable communication between a microcomputer and a desktop (e.g PC or Mac) is something that virtually everyone struggles with. The key hangup is reliability.

Hi Jonny,

thanks for the warm welcome :) . The project you've mentioned seems to me that it's based on communicating with the netduino on a serial communication - which for instance doing so with an iOS device would be really challenging software wise (at least).

If that helps though - I've created a solution for netduino plus that has the following things built in it:
- starts a webserver on a specified tcp port (can be accessed with a password, has content type based request handler which invokes directly the methods specified in a URL, something like: http:/ /netduino/MyClass/MyMethod/MyParam1/MyParam2)
- starts a service discovery broadcaster on a specified udp port, so mobile phones connected to the same network can easily find the netduino plus
- starts a scheduler thread for the service discovery
However it _doesn't_ have the capability to restart the webserver if the UTP cable is plugged back in. I will build this into the solution with a scheduled check.

I'm not sure what kind of resilient solution would you like to have, but if this webserver would be okay for you with the monitoring solution to restart the webserver, then I would be glad to share it after I brought it to a semi-finished state.

Moszi

#5 Eric Falsken

Eric Falsken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA, USA

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

Not necessarily. I saw 2 projects just today.... Here is an Audio Jack Modem for 2-way communication between an Arduino and an iPhone/Android via the headphone jack. (with source code available, I believe)

You could also talk to the iPhone via the dock connector via a USB host, which is much easier now thanks to the feature SDK but still a lot harder than it should be.

And that's not even considering the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth options.

#6 j_rad

j_rad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:07 AM

Thanks for offering your assistance!

I’m trying to create a device that could monitor temperature and humidity in an area like a switch closet. Not only would I be able to collect the data from its sensors, but I could control the HVAC systems that affect it.

A preferred example would be something that would involve the Netduino receiving a signal from a sensor that registers a value. Pass this to the main pc based program and have it recognize the value in a windows based form or website.
How do these two best communicate?

Please show how to send data between the two and I’ll figure out the rest. C# across the board is great for me, but I’ll take anything that runs in Visual Studio. I’ll need to send values both directions.

Thanks so much!!

Hey everyone,

I'm a Netduino enthusiast :) - with knowledge of .net and objective-c - and I would really love to help people by building samples for Netduino.
As a first topic I would demonstrate the communication between iOS and Netduino - if that's something interesting for others as well - but please feel free to post requests here and I will try building a sample that fits your request. I must also add that I'm not a big hardware/electronics guy - so more-or-less I would like to focus on the software side of the samples.

So please - post your requests, I will try to address them ;)

Moszi

#7 MosziNet

MosziNet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:56 PM

Please show how to send data between the two and I’ll figure out the rest. C# across the board is great for me, but I’ll take anything that runs in Visual Studio. I’ll need to send values both directions.

If I understand correctly, you would like to send some values to your computer having your device connected directly to it ? If so, than the "Driverless PC <-> Netduino communication using USB" article might be what you are looking for ;) - http://forums.netdui...tion-using-usb/

#8 j_rad

j_rad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

If I understand correctly, you would like to send some values to your computer having your device connected directly to it ? If so, than the "Driverless PC <-> Netduino communication using USB" article might be what you are looking for ;) - http://forums.netdui...tion-using-usb/

That's exactly what I was looking for - Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.