Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

What do I need to start with Netduino

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 placaduino

placaduino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:20 PM

Hi!
I've decided to start to play with Netduino Plus and I don't know what components are recomended to buy for starting proyects. I've seen some Arduino packs with lots of stuff but not Netduino Plus starter pack or similar :( so ¿Could you recomend me something like that?

spanish kit 1

or

english kit 1

or

spanish kit 2

¿Any other suggestion?

Thank you!

#2 Stefan W.

Stefan W.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

You can use basically all of those for a first adventure into the world of electroncis. The last kit lacks resistors as "basic components", as it also says in the description, so you'll need some of those. However, don't focus too much on those kits - they give you something to play around, but usually if you have a specific project in mind you'll need to go shopping again for the parts. For the first steps, I'd also buy a breadboard (like http://www.cooking-h...breadboard.html) so you have something to put your components on.
I believe that no discovery of fact, however trivial, can be wholly useless to the race, and that no trumpeting of falsehood, however virtuous in intent, can be anything but vicious.
-- H.L. Mencken, "What I Believe"

#3 mr covert

mr covert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:53 AM

Hi!
I've decided to start to play with Netduino Plus and I don't know what components are recomended to buy for starting proyects. I've seen some Arduino packs with lots of stuff but not Netduino Plus starter pack or similar :( so ¿Could you recomend me something like that?

spanish kit 1

or

english kit 1

or

spanish kit 2

¿Any other suggestion?

Thank you!

i went to raidio shack and bought male conectors paid 4$ 4 2 . i also went to goodwill and got a bunch of old cell phone chargers to put the male conector on. important to slide heat shrink far enough douwn the pos wire that soldering does shrink it prematature. then you have a male conector you can plug into a car cigarette lighter. female socket is wired directly to any 12 volt lead acid batery. runing electronics off over sized bateries is not as dangerous as some might think because u have a fusable link that screws out of the tip and a profesionaly built voltage regulator and cap circuit. ps i like to buy the newer cell chargers and smell them first also if u need to power a sheild they make a thing that has a male end that you can shove into your cars cigarete lighter that has three holes in it that each their own cell phone chargers.

#4 sonofabit

sonofabit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:26 AM

I too am looking for a pack of components I can buy that has everything I need to "get started". the english pack linked looks good, except it looks like they are in the UK so shipping is probably going to kill me. any good sets I can buy to pair with a netduino in the USA? or perhaps a "netduino kit"? I know about the NEDX from oomlout and it looks PERFECT except that it's also not available in USA :(

#5 mikepo

mikepo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

The "Arduino Sidekick Basic Kit" is also sold by Seeed Studio for $19.90 (http://www.seeedstud....html?cPath=138). They are located in China, but shipping to the U.S. is about $6. They also have a lot of other cool stuff once you get more into Electronics. I have ordered from them before without issues, it just takes about 2 weeks to get your stuff b/c of the shipping distance. Have fun, Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.