Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Saving Power on the Netduino

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Arron Chapman

Arron Chapman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:51 AM

My Netduino is going on a long trip, it needs to be battery powered the entire way, and needs to take sensor readings periodicity (lets say every 20 minutes). I don't know how long the trip will be (a few hours up to a few days) is there a way I can shut off the Netduino and bring it back on, automatically? Someone suggested a low power controller which can control the vin? I'm thinking it'd be cool to build a shield which could do this.

When you talk EE use small words, I'm just a Software Developer :)
My Blog/Site and Everything Else

If my post helped you please consider pressing the "Like This" button in the bottom right-hand corner.

Oh my. So many things, so little money!!

#2 ItsDan

ItsDan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:57 AM

http://www.pololu.co...log/product/751 This product lets you switch a higher load, and lets the higher load turn itself off as well. This could be used to let the Netduino turn itself off after it had performed whatever task you need it to perform.
Follow the adventures of the Box of Crappy Surplus

Total BOCS Traveled Distance: 9708 miles | States Visited: 5
Track the Box

#3 ItsDan

ItsDan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:27 AM

A real time clock such as this: http://www.sparkfun....ards/DS3234.pdf has programmable alarms which can trigger the previous switch I posted to turn on.
Follow the adventures of the Box of Crappy Surplus

Total BOCS Traveled Distance: 9708 miles | States Visited: 5
Track the Box

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.