Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Machine Efficiency

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BenR

BenR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

Hi everyone, I am starting a project that will record how fast a machine is producing product. Every time a unit is made a 3.3v signal would be sent to the netduino (I don't have it yet though). Then have it record the times it receives signals to make a graph in excel. Thats the basic idea anyway. I've had a little exposure to C++ before but I am a bit new. Is this doable or will I be way over my head? I don't mind a bit of study. Maybe theres a better way to send input to the netduino like infrared? What do you think? Thanks!

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

Hi BenR, Using a 3.3V input (GPIO -- just create an InterruptPort in your Netduino app) is an excellent way to signal how fast the machine is producing product. You'd simply raise the voltage to 3.3V for a moment, and lower it back to 0V. You'd capture the "high" rise of the signal in your code and record its timestamp. Simple! Just be careful that your product isn't Girl Scout Cookies...one might gain a few pounds "testing" the system and doing QA on the cookies ;) Chris

#3 BenR

BenR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:43 PM

Hi Chris, Thanks for your answer it helped alot! Should be quite fun to work on! Haha lucky for me it's actualy making a health food then :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.