Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Interfacing with USB device

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Inquisitor

Inquisitor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia, USA

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:58 AM

Warning: Software type over his head with hardware :blink:

I have a friend that has a product that uses an FTDI chip set http://www.ftdichip....rivers/D2XX.htm. If I understand it/(him) correctly... it exposes two USB ports. 1 is a "Host" port (which I gather works like a PC's USB port). His device uses this port for something else. The second port is only a "slave?/client?" port (which I gather is like a jump drive).

He planned on using this second port to connect to a MiniPC so his product could be managed over the Internet via a web interface (that I would write). The FTDI chip set provides an excellent set of libraries for everything under the Sun... except for a Netduino. :unsure: I see on the link above that they even provide drivers for other architectures like Windows CE 4.2 – 6.0 for ARM, MIP SII, MIP SIV, SH4.

I proposed to him that the Netduino might be a great fit (low power, no heavy OS, no disk, no fan… etc…). Of his shopping list of requirements the only one I couldn’t satisfy immediately was actually interfacing to the product through this second FTDI port. Is this even possible to connect to our MicroUSB port on a Netduino+? If so, how would I go about interfacing through it?

Thanks for your help!
Doing my best to keep the smoke in the little black boxes.
If my message helped you... how 'bout giving me a Posted Image
www.MessingWithReality.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.