Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Problem in VMWare virtual machine

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Paolo Patierno

Paolo Patierno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:29 PM

Hello, after some months I have restarted work with Netduino. I have connected it to my PC in VMWare Virtual Machine and when deploy the application on the target, the debugger hangs and display "the debugging target is not in initialized state, rebooting...". From real PC (not virtual machine) all works fine. I have upgraded the firmware to last version 4.1.6 but nothing changed into virtual machine. Why ? Thanks, Paolo.

Paolo Patierno

Microsoft MVP on Windows Embedded & IoT

Azure Advisor

Twitter : @ppatierno
Linkedin : paolopatierno
Blog : DevExperience

Blog : Embedded101
?

#2 Stuart Crawshaw

Stuart Crawshaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationLeeds, United Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:03 PM

Hello,
after some months I have restarted work with Netduino.
I have connected it to my PC in VMWare Virtual Machine and when deploy the application on the target, the debugger hangs and display "the debugging target is not in initialized state, rebooting...".
From real PC (not virtual machine) all works fine.
I have upgraded the firmware to last version 4.1.6 but nothing changed into virtual machine.

Why ?

Thanks,
Paolo.

Couple of questions,

When the netduino is conectec to VMWare, is the connection and exclusive connection to the guest or can the host see it as well?

If it is exclusive, what happens if you un-plug and replug the netduino whilst VS2010 is saying "the debugging target is not in initialized state, rebooting..."?
Intelligent People Aren't Afraid To Ask For Help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.