Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

LEDs for netduino

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kap123

kap123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:36 AM

Hi I'm trying to make a circuit with LEDs but I read the Technical Specifications for the netduino plus and it said that the max current is 8 mA per pin but my LEDs are 20mA. Is there another LED with less current to avoid this problem without other power sources? Do I have to use an LED driver to make this work? If so which one?

#2 bill.french

bill.french

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 23 January 2011 - 02:39 PM

You can use a plain old NPN transistor, which is fun to use if you want to learn about transistors, anyway. I've used various leds with 220ohm resistors on various ports without and problem so far for testing, but your mileage may vary! I'd like to find a source for leds with resistors built in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.