Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

sd card mounting twice n+2 4.3.1

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Steve W

Steve W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:47 AM

Recently got a netduino plus 2 and updated it to 4.3.1.  I got a 2gig sd card from amazon today and i noticed when i power it up with the card in, everything works fine, but if i insert it after i power it up, it mounts an SD and SD_1 volume and fires the insert / eject events twice each time i insert/remove it.

its a stock board, nothing else on it, sd card has only one partition (checked to see if maybe that was the reason, but no its mounting the same one twice)

it throws an exception unmounting the second drive (of course, cause its not really there):

A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in SecretLabs.NETMF.IO.dll
SecretLabs.NETMF.IO.StorageDevice::Unmount.

any thoughts as to what may be causing this to happen?

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:05 PM

Hi Steve,

That's a curious/odd issue. It sounds like there might be some "bouncing" of the SD insert pin when you insert the card.

Is this causing a non-workaround-able issue in your code? We can ping the NETMF team or look into adding software debouncing in 4.3.2 if it's a blocking issue.

Chris

#3 Steve W

Steve W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:12 PM

not sure, I had some r&d time on my plate back in jan when i originally posted this, but have since been swamped with a ton of other projects (one of which the r&d was supposed to be for), but since i wasn't able to get any kind of answer on this, i kind of moved to working with non-.net based environments outside of work, though we'd like to still work w/ a .net based setup because thats what we @ work.

if its a bouncing of the pin would there be any way to check that on my end to see whether or not that's the issue?  I guess i could add another breakout board to see whether an additional one does the same thing though i'd hate to buy another sd board just to test that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.