Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino Plus 2 Power On No Networking

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dconquergood

dconquergood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:53 AM

Hi

I am new to Netduino. I purchased a Netduino Plus 2 to replace an Arduino that I have running a Solar Pool heating application. I wanted to add logging and reporting to a DB as well as learn something new - hence the Netduino - firmware 4.2.2.2 I think)

I have two problems (so far!) I have searched the forum and google, but no solutions seem to work.

1. I cannot read or write to an 8gb SDCard (I have a 2GB card on order). 

2. The Ethernet port does not start on first power up. If I reboot with the Onboard button the network comes up and works. I would like to be able to reboot in software -  PowerState.RebootDevice(false) reboots the board but the Network does not come up.

I am more than willing to try upgrading the firmware to 4.3 if that is a solution, but figured I would ask the questions before I messed up anything else.

Thanks for any feedback!

Doug

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:07 AM

Hi Doug,

On #2...if you do RebootDevice(true) does that work for you?

It sounds like the network router may not like the super-fast disconnect?  When you say that the network does not come up, what is happening exactly?  Also...does it happen with both DHCP and Static IP?

Welcome to the Netduino community,

Chris

#3 dconquergood

dconquergood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:59 PM

Hi Mark

Thanks for the quick response.

RebootDevice(true) makes no difference. On powerup the ethernet light does not turn on and I have no connection with DHCP or static. Another interesting thing is after powerup, if I unplug the USB cable and plug it in within a second or so, the networking comes up! In code I try to get NTP to set the clock, if it fails I plan to reboot to get the network up. It all works after I press the onboard button. I can download a change in the program and networking still works. It is only on the initial powerup that there is a problem. If I jumper between the RESET pin and GRD, the network comes up on the reboot. I was thinking I could have the code fire a PIN to close a relay to act like the jumper.

It has been interesting so far ... but I have tried so many snippets of code that may or may not work on an NP2 that I figured it was time for some assistance. 

PS I am using the new Visual Studio 2013 Community edition and have no issues with this environment.

Doug

#4 dconquergood

dconquergood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:42 AM

Just an update on the SDCard - got my Transend 2GB card today and reading/writing works fine.

Doug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.