Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

Netduino won't show up as a device in project properties

Netduino project properties device USB transport

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wateverz101

wateverz101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:16 PM

Hi I'm a beginner and I'm doing a project using netduino for my high school senior project. My teacher let me borrow a getting started with netduino kit, and it came with the regular netduino. I tried to do the blinky project in the book but when I tried to switch the deployment from the emulator to my netduino, the netduino doesn't show as a device it only says .

I have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. I've even tried multiple USB cords.

I don't know what else to do, any suggestions?

#2 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:02 PM

Hi wateverz101,

When you open up Device Manager on your computer, what does the Netduino appear as? Does it have an error next to it?

Welcome to the Netduino community,

Chris

#3 wateverz101

wateverz101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 03:57 AM

Thank you.
It doesn't even show as a device on my computer it's like I didn't plug anything in. But other USB devices still work, so I don't understand why it won't show.

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:55 AM

Hi wateverz101,

When you plug in your Netduino 1, does the blue LED remain on permanently? If so it might have (oddly) gotten erased somehow.

If so, try the "erase and reflash" procedures for Netduino 1. After erasing it (by applying 3.3V to the rectangular gold ERASE pad) and installing Atmel SAM-BA tools, it should show up in Device Manager. Then you can reflash and get up and running.

Does that get you headed in the right direction?

Chris

#5 wateverz101

wateverz101

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:47 PM

Ok I will try that. Thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Netduino, project properties, device, USB, transport

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.