Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

netduino vs. arduino

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ezee

ezee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:39 PM

I've been messing with arduino for a few months now, building a temperature controller for a glass kiln. I work in IT (I'm a network admin, not a programmer...but got a couple arduino books and figuring it out) A programmer friend of mine knows I am into arduino and sent me the link to netduino. I noticed right away it was a different chip, and further digging proved it was a 32 bit risc chip instead of a little 8 bit atmel. I guess you would have to have that to code in .net...right? anyway, what can you do with a .netduino that you can't do with an arduino? Or what can you do better with a netduino than you can with an arduino. Just curious if I should switch. I'm not that far into the project, and I know a little .net. If netduino offers advantages I will switch. thanks.

#2 Illishar

Illishar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:48 AM

The netmf (used by the Netduino) is better suited for complex applications. It's 'threaded' among others. Which gives a very different kind of coding. And the tools (eg. IDE and others) are much better (and many years olders) than the Arduino. Arduino however is better suited for low level applications, since netmf is non deterministic and not yet as experienced as Arduino.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.