Netduino home hardware projects downloads community

The Netduino forums have been replaced by new forums at community.wildernesslabs.co. This site has been preserved for archival purposes only and the ability to make new accounts or posts has been turned off.
Photo

SD Card Reading with External Power

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 seascan

seascan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

Hi.  I have a Very simple program that creates a file on an SD card at boot up.  If the File exists, it lights the LED and deletes the file (so the next boot up the LED is off).

This works perfectly while plugged into my computer via USB -- every other reboot the LED is on.  When the ND is being powered by an external power supply it does not work -- EVERY reboot the LED is on.

I have an ND+1 with 4.2 and a 2GB SD Card formatted to FAT32.

Any ideas?

Imports Microsoft.SPOTImports Microsoft.SPOT.HardwareImports SecretLabs.NETMF.HardwareImports SecretLabs.NETMF.Hardware.NetduinoPlusModule Module1    Public _onBoardLED As OutputPort    Sub Main()        _onBoardLED = New OutputPort(Pins.ONBOARD_LED, False)        If System.IO.File.Exists("SDRebootMe.txt") Then            Do Until System.IO.File.Exists("SDRebootMe.txt") = False                System.IO.File.Delete("SDRebootMe.txt")            Loop            _onBoardLED.Write(True)                   Else            Do Until System.IO.File.Exists("SDRebootMe.txt") = True                Dim file As New System.IO.FileStream("SDRebootMe.txt", System.IO.FileMode.Create)                Dim SR As New System.IO.StreamWriter(file)                SR.WriteLine("FooBar")                SR.Flush()                SR.Close()                file.Close()            Loop            _onBoardLED.Write(False)        End If    End SubEnd Module

Thank you!

Terry

#2 jrlyman3

jrlyman3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNorth St Paul. MN

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

I suggest that you get out your voltmeter and see what voltage the Netduino is seeing from the external supply.

#3 seascan

seascan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

Hi jrlyman3.  Very good advise.  I just checked and the board is getting 9.41V.  Right in the middle of the expected range.

#4 Chris Walker

Chris Walker

Secret Labs Staff

• Moderators
  • 7767 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:51 AM

Hi seascan, How noisy is your power supply? Do you have another one you can try? Also...if you power the board up via a USB wall adapter...do you get the same results? Chris

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

home    hardware    projects    downloads    community    where to buy    contact Copyright © 2016 Wilderness Labs Inc.  |  Legal   |   CC BY-SA
This webpage is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.